Same day dental implants at DentalCarePlus
Need an emergency tooth replacement? Considering a single dental implant? Since DentalCarePlus are dedicated to dental implant treatments, all of our experienced implant dentists frequently perform the ‘same day’ or ‘immediately loaded’ dental implant procedure.
Since the certain conditions need to be present to for this procedure to be successful, a dental clinician needs to undergo specialised training to carry out same day dental implant treatment. We are aware that many people are often looking for a quick tooth replacement, often in an emergency, however, same day dental implants should not be attempted by an inexperienced clinician with no formal training in the procedure.
Once a tooth is extracted, the socket needs to heal for a period of around 6 weeks to three months before a dental implant can be placed. In cases of large root sockets or where infections have caused cysts, it can take longer. The healing time varies from case to case.
- When a tooth – typically an incisor, canine or premolar – is extracted and an implant placed in the same appointment, this is called an ‘immediately loaded implant’.
- Immediately loaded implants are only possible when conditions allow it – which is when there is good gum and bone support
- A dental 3D CBCT scan in the clinical assessment will determine whether this procedure can be done or not.
- After extracting the tooth or teeth, a socket preservation (a small bone augmentation) is sometimes necessary to safely and securely place the implant.
- A temporary acrylic crown is also placed in the same appointment.
- Once the implant is integrated – 3-6 months duration – the temporary crown is replaced with the final porcelain crown.
When are same day dental implants possible?
Same day implants are very popular with patients who need a quick tooth replacement, often in an emergency.
Dental implants can only be placed in the same appointment as an extraction when there is sufficient gum and bone support. Otherwise a conventional implant treatment will be followed with a healing period of 3-4 months is required for the bone and gum to grow back.
In visible areas of the mouth, a temporary denture, crown or bridge is made for the healing period. For those who already currently wear a denture, it can be adjusted to be worn during the healing period.
Immediately loaded implants are usually not usually possible on molar teeth due to the size of the hole that needs to heal.
Can multiple teeth be extracted and an implants be placed in the same appointment?
- Sometimes it may be possible to extract multiple teeth and place multiple implants in the same appointment – with the goal of creating an implant supported bridge.
- Sometimes it may be possible to extract an entire jaw of teeth and place multiple implants in the same appointment – this is called teeth in day.
How long does a same day dental implant treatment take?
- Following the clinical assessment, impressions are taken for our laboratory to fabricate a temporary crown
- In the surgical appointment, the tooth is extracted and the dental implant and temporary crown placed
- Sometimes a socket preservation is required to augment the bone
- 3-6 months later the temporary crown is discarded and replaced with the final porcelain crown
- See treatment plan process for further details
Same day dental implants – Questions, costs / finance and referral services
- For any all questions regarding same day / immediate loading implant treatments, please do not hesitate to contact one of our treatment coordinators.
- Since DentalCarePlus are renowned for very competitive prices, we are acutely aware that the cost of dental implant treatment can be very expensive for some people
- The cost of a immediately loaded dental implant depends on the case
- We offer several very competitive finance options to help our patients more easily pay for their treatment.
- Finance available 0% (1 Year), 4.9% APR (2 Years), 12.9% APR (3 or 4 Years)
- Are you a referring dentist with patients interested in this treatment? Click for more details
- Refer to our FAQ page for more useful information