Denture Implants, Overdentures
Denture Wearers & Dental Implants
Dentures can correct problems resulting from missing teeth, since dentures replace the structure and functionality of missing teeth.
Disadvantages with dentures range from being loose, uncomfortable and unstable; especially when eating or speaking. Denture wearers often report that their speech is impaired and that they cannot taste their food properly.
Fortunately there is a solution using dental implants – with denture implants. Implants can be placed to provide the dentures a stable and comfortable foundation, essentially a ‘denture implant’ with many positives over standard dentures.
As for the disadvantages of speech impairment and not being unable to taste food properly; this is solved by the implant-supported denture being horse-shoe shaped – so there is no need for a plate!
Dental Implants Provide Denture Stabilisation
Problems occurring from loose dentures can be solved; ensuring that people are free from discomfort, lisping and awkwardness that conventional dentures bring.
Dental implants can act as anchors for either a detachable bridge (or ‘overdenture’) or a fixed bridge (or ‘hybrid’), removing the issue of dentures becoming loose and moving about inside the mouth causing discomfort.
Click here for more information on dental implant supported bridges
Dental implant retained detachable bridge (overdenture) video
Denture implants – questions, costs / finance and referral services
- For any dental implant denture questions, contact one of our friendly and knowledgeable treatment coordinators.
- The cost of a dental implant denture starts from £4,000. Contact us to explain your needs and we will provide an estimate, otherwise fill in our online form.
- Since DentalCarePlus are renowned for very competitive prices, we are very aware that the cost of a dental implant denture can be expensive for some people. We offer some very competitive finance options to help.
- If you are a dentist who does not place implants. Why not contact one of our referral managers about our referral services, see Referrals
- Refer to our FAQ page for more useful information