Implant Retained Dentures - Denture Implants
Implant retained dentures are securely fixed dentures which are made of high impact acrylic and supported by standard dental implants. The denture implants have an attachment which locates with compatible attachments fixed into the denture. As few as two implants are needed in the lower jaw and usually four are required in the upper jaw, making the system the most economical option for edentulous patients (Those patients with no natural teeth remaining). At all DentalcarePlus implant centres the preferred choice of over-denture to implant attachment is Zest Anchors made in the USA. See the Zest Anchors video.
The Advantages of Implant Retained Dentures
- They are fixed but are still removable by the patient for cleaning in a hygiene programme specified by the dentist.
- They can be replaced at low cost if they become worn through years of use.
- The forces exerted during biting and chewing are absorbed be the gums instead of being absorbed by the implants themselves. (The implants are there simply to keep the denture in place, whereas on al 'All-On-Four' system the impact forces of biting and chewing are taken on the implants themselves)
- They cost much less than full arch implant bridge restorations.
- They cost less than 'All-On-Four' implant restorations