3D Dental Cone Beam CT Scans at DentalCarePlus
3D Dental Cone Beam CT Scans at the lowest prices in the UK
We have invested in 3D dental cone beam CT scanners at all of our dental implant centres. This equipment produces 350 megabytes of 3D images for the precise placement of implants.
What are 3D dental cone beam CT scans?
A 3D dental cone beam Computerised Tomography scan – or CBCT scan – is similar to an X-ray. An X-ray produces a 2D image of bone, whilst a CBCT scan provides a detailed three dimensional image of bone.
3D dental CBCT scans enable dentists to accurately plan treatment. The dentist is able to examine images produced by the CT scanner from any direction.
3D dental CBCT scans are essential for the accurate placement of dental implants. CBCT scans measure the depth, width and density of the jaw bone, and more importantly the depth of bone in the proximity of nerve canals and sinus cavities in a 3D view to an accuracy of 0.1 mm.
Using a 3D dental CBCT scanner for the placement of implants reduces risk and saves time due to fewer visits. Replacing teeth with dental implant treatment has traditionally been associated with long periods of recuperation and high costs, but with our state-of-the-art equipment the time and the cost can be dramatically reduced.
DentalCarePlus use the latest technology
All our clinics have the latest technology, including 3D dental CBCT scanners for the precision implant placement.
The advantages of a 3D dental CBCT scan
- Implant placement is done with optimum accuracy with the advantage of the 3D images produced by a CBCT scanner, which measures bone depth, width and density; as well as accurately define the location of anatomical structures such as nerve canals, the inferior alveolar nerve and sinuses.
- Precise pre-operative planning, so an accurate diagnosis can be made, eliminating any guesswork.
- Help ascertain what type of implant to use and determine where to place it.
- Help determine whether bone restoration or a sinus lift is required
- With implant placement, a 3D dental CBCT scan eliminates the risk of drilling too deep or not at the precise angle.
- Working from a 2D X-ray alone increases the likelihood that certain issues are not seen soon enough, increasing the possibility of treatment plan changes.
Is a 3D dental CBCT scan necessary for dental implant treatment?
A panoramic x-ray can’t measure bone depth with the same degree of accuracy as a 3D dental CBCT scan, nor can it measure bone thickness or density. A 3D dental CBCT scan eliminates any guesswork, thereby reducing the risk to the patient.
A 3D dental CBCT scan is the most effective diagnostic procedure to establish the patient’s suitability for dental implants, as it provides very accurate 3D images. The image helps determine the exact bone depth, width, density and condition, along with the precise position of your nerve canal and sinus cavity.
Receiving a 3D dental CBCT scan ensures highly accurate pre-planning resulting in minimised risk, lower costs and a lower number of visits.
3D dental CBCT scanning facilities at all locations
At DentalCarePlus, we save our patients the inconvenience of being referred – and having to travel to – another CT scanning centre or clinic to complete their dental CBCT scans. We have scanning facilities across many of our implant centres including London (Harley Street area), Marlow (Bucks), Manchester, Bristol, Midlands (near Birmingham) and Cornwall (Kelly Bray, Devon border).
This saves our patients the inconvenience of arranging additional appointments, extra travelling and long waiting times associated with CT Scanning Centres.
We are among the handful of dental clinics in Britain equipped with 3D dental CBCT scanner – most dentists need to refer implant patients to a hospital to receive a 3D dental CBCT scan, this usually involves lengthy waiting times as well as more travelling time. One or more visits to a Hospital Scanning Centre are usually required. Scanning Centres and are generally slow in answering enquiries regarding referred dental patients increasing overall treatment time.
CBCT scan referrals at the lowest prices in the UK
Since we bought our first dental 3D dental Cone Beam CT (CBCT) Scanner back in 2006 we have been providing a dental imaging referral service – CT Scan UK – for implant dentists, orthodontists, oral surgeons and maxillo-facial surgeons.
CT Scan UK has scanning facilities in six locations: London, South East – Marlow (Bucks), Manchester, Midlands, Bristol and Devon/Cornwall (border).
With a 10 minute pre-booked appointment, CT Scan UK provide 3D dental CBCT scans the lowest prices in the UK (£95 for a full mouth scan).
- For any 3D dental CBCT scan or dental implant related questions – whether you are a patient or referring dentist – just contact us!
- In addition to our dental implant referral service, DentalCarePlus offer a very popular 3D dental CBCT scanning referral service – CT scan UK at the lowest prices in the UK
- Refer to our FAQ page for more useful information